Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame” made history this weekend with a record-shattering estimated global debut of $1.2 Billion, becoming the first film in history to surpass $1 billion in its opening weekend.
The estimated international debut of $859 million, including a record estimated debut of $330.5 million in China, is also the highest of all time and even surpasses the previous global debut record of $640 million set by “Avengers: Infinity War” last year (which did not include a day-and-date debut in China).
Key stats for “Avengers: Endgame”:
· #1 domestic ($350M), international ($859M), and global ($1,209.0M) debuts
· #1 domestic Thursday previews ($60M)
· #1 domestic single-day gross and #1 domestic Friday gross ($156.7M)
· #1 domestic Saturday ($109M) and Sunday ($84.3M) grosses; Saturday is first $100M+ day without previews
· #1 China opening day ($107.8M) and opening weekend ($330.5M) and already ranking as the #4 non-local film ever released there
· Fastest film to $1B globally (5 days)
· 8th Marvel Studios film to cross $1B; 2nd to cross $1B this year (with “Captain Marvel”)
· Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France (admissions, non-local), Italy (non-local), Spain, UK/Ireland
· Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland
· Biggest IMAX global debut ($91.5M)
· 96% Certified Fresh RottenTomatoes score
· A+ CinemaScore (U.S.)
Billy (Editor) - has seen many movies over the years. He enjoys comedies and anything action, including the summer blockbuster movies. You can follow Billy on Twitter here.
Click Here to check out Billy's Articles.